3. Cross Functional Participation
· Under the direction of the Controller, the Director of Accounts Receivable develops policies and procedures relating to student accounts and general accounts receivable functions in accordance with University policy and state and federal guidelines.
· Ensure monthly closing tasks relating to reconciliation of VA Benefits, Outside Scholarships, Book Store Vouchers, etc., are accomplished and in balance with the general ledger, including identification of discrepancies.
· Provides oversight and technological maintenance for student tuition payment plans with third party software interface
· Coordinates with the Staff Accountant II for set up of detail codes relating to the creation, implementation, and maintenance of priority codes within the student module of Banner or the equivalent software to interface with the accounting in the general ledger.
· Manages and ensures compliance that University policies relating to student accounts is applied consistently with and by our partners (Concordia System schools, Hotchalk, etc.) to accomplish specific goals relating to students accounts.
· Coordinates activity with the Student Financial Aid department to ensure timely delivery of grants and loans to student accounts.